How to Put Your Business on Google Maps – Free & Easy
As an Official City Partner of Google’s “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map” program, St. Louis Digital Media wants to help every business get found on the web—starting with yours.
People are searching for businesses like yours online nearly everyday. We can help make sure they can find your business by adding your business information to both Google Search and Maps. Best of all, it is free and easy to do.
How to Put Your Business on Google Maps
1. Go to gybo.com/business to check how your business shows up on Google
- Start typing in your business name.
- If your business is not on Google Maps, you will see “Not Showing Up?”. Click on it to proceed*.
- Click the “Let’s Get Started” green button.
- If not already, sign into your Google/Gmail account.
- Select “None of these match. Add your business”
- Fill out your business information.
- Click Continue.
*If you did find your business but cannot login to edit your business information, please contact us and we will be able to assist you in troubleshooting this issue.
2. Verify your business
- Mail Verification:
- Google will mail a postcard with a verification PIN within 1- 2 weeks.
- Follow the instructions on the postcard to verify your business.
- Phone Verification (available for select businesses):
- Make sure you are able to answer the phone as an automated message from Google will call the business number listed.
- Click verify… wait a few seconds for the phone to ring.
- The automated message will give you a PIN.
- Enter the PIN and your verified!
3. Manage your business information
- Make sure your business name phone number, address, and hours of operation are correctly listed.
- It is recommended that you fill out your listing to be 100% complete. To do so simply follow Google’s recommendations.
4. Keep your information up to date
- We recommend checking up on your listing about once a month. Respond to your reviews, review any edits from outside sources, and add new photos and info to your listing.
- You can also download the Google My Business app for Android in the Google Play Store or for iOS in the App Store to update your listing from your mobile device.
Need Help or Have Questions?
Feel free to contact us today! We have extensive experience with Google My Business listings and would be happy to help your business.