Full-Time, St. Louis, MO
We are currently seeking a self-motivated WordPress Developer to join our team. This is a full-time, onsite position, where you would play a significant role in the growth of our company. You will be compensated with a competitive base salary plus quarterly bonuses based on your contribution to the company.
- Work as a team with a Graphic Designer to design and develop custom WordPress themes.
- Provide maintenance and/or improvements to current WordPress sites.
- Directly communicate with Clients regarding website development, maintenance, and/or change requests.
- Be Passionate. Have a desire to learn and expand your skill set. We want you to try to do something new and cool on each project… upping your game every time. Go the extra mile to achieve our Client’s goals. Absolutely love reach-efforts around here.
- Be Smart. We want you to come up with new ideas to improve processes, sales, expenses, etc. Your opinion will be heard and does matter.
- Be Flexible. This is a small growing company and needs will change often. You are expected to step up and support the team by helping out even if it is not in your job description.
- 2+ years of WordPress custom theme development experience*. If you only have customized a purchased or downloaded theme, then you do not meet this requirement
- Provide 3+ examples of live WordPress sites you have developed from scratch
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Experience with PHP, Bootstrap 3 or 4 framework(s), Photoshop*
- Ability to write and compile LESS or SASS*
- Full understanding of and how to execute mobile-first responsive website development*
- Experience optimizing Page Speed*
- Excellent organization and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- *You will be tested on all coding skills during the interview process. Please do not apply if “you know enough to be dangerous” or have little coding experience
- Basic SEO Experience
- Experience with Google Analytics and Search Console
- Understanding of and how to implement a solid UX design
- Experience setting up and configuring social plugins and email clients/providers
- Backend Dev Experience: Python, .NET, Ruby on Rails, etc.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and the 3+ links to your live WordPress website examples to Kyle O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT APPLY if you are an agency, recruiter, or unable to work full-time at our office in St. Louis, MO.