Graphic Design Intern
Part-Time – St. Louis, MO
As a Graphic Design Intern you will begin contributing real client work almost immediately; gaining valuable, direct client social media and internet marketing experience that few other internships will offer. Working as a member of our team, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and creating graphics for social media, web designs, and other digital assets for clients in a wide variety of industries.
This is a 10-20 hour per week paid internship. During your first two months, you will be required to work as scheduled at our office in St. Louis County, MO. Thereafter, the hours you work are flexible around your schedule and can be completed either remotely or in-office. The position is open for immediate hire, so you can start as soon as you are ready.
Our previous Interns have gone on to retain coveted positions in Silicon Valley firms, marketing management roles, and/or converted to full-time positions with us.
- Conceptualize and create digital designs including, but not limited to, websites, online display ads, animated graphics, and social media posts.
- Work as a team to design and develop projects
- Meet both internal and external deadlines
- Serve as a point-of-contact for clients.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to brand standards.
- Adhere to copyright and trademark laws.
- Maintain client files on a cloud-shared server (Google Drive or Dropbox).
- Enrolled in a College or University in Graphic Design, Journalism, Fine Arts or a related degree.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. You will be tested and graded by experienced graphic designers.
- Knowledgeable in design and current design trends.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Professional design experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently to complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
Compensation & Other
- $10/hr or greater based on experience.
- Flexible schedule.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to Courtney Tinker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending examples of your work would be great too!
DO NOT APPLY if you are an agency, recruiter, or unable to work at our office in St. Louis, MO.