What is UX Design?
The UX stands for user experience. UX Design is a process of designing a website or web application that is useful, easy-to-use, and a pleasure to interact with, maximizing the experience people have when visiting your website or application.
Each website or application will have different requirements on how to create a positive user experience, therefore planning and design is critical.
Why is UX Design Important?
Have you ever visited a website with the intention of finding something but couldn’t? It is extremely frustrating and if you are like most, you abandoned the site and went elsewhere. This is the last thing you want for your business or organization.
A solid UX Design will keep people on your website because they are able to find either the product or information they are seeking. This is exactly what you do want for you business or organization.
UX Design Examples
Each website or application will require different UX design elements based on their goals and functionality, that said, below are a few boilerplate and/or real world examples on a how a positive UX design would be created:
People who visit a restaurant’s website are most likely looking for a few things:
- How to make reservations or order online
- Location and hours
- Upcoming events or specials
In this case, we would want to make sure that all of the above are easily found via the website’s main navigation and/or on the homepage. It should not require more than 1 click to find the info above from any page on the site.
Other than security, a positive user experience is probably the most important component of a successful ecommerce website or application. A few key factors for an ecommerce store:
- Easy to find products via search, categories, and filters.
- Content rich product pages: photo galleries, reviews, details, specs, pricing, shipping info, colors available, related products and accessories, etc.
- Highlight sales and promotions
Amazon.com is a perfect example of an absolutely fantastic UX. They offer millions of products online and you can find what you are looking for in a matter of seconds via search or by category.
Bid Based Product or Service Websites
If you are searching for a product or service online that requires a bid, quote, or estimate, you will probably be looking for the following:
- Services offered
- How to contact: phone number, email, location, and/or request quote form
- Reliability: Experience, accreditations, licensed, bonded, insured, etc
- Gallery of work
Once again, if users are unable to find what they are looking for they will leave, so make sure all of the above are clearly showcased.
Our UX Design Service
We offer UX Design services in two forms:
- Consulting Service: we will review your website and provide a report on how to maximize your website’s user experience.
- Website Design Services: all of our website designs include our UX design services.
Our UX Design Difference
What makes our UX Design service so special? The results – and we have the analytics documentation to prove it.
Websites that have used our UX designs services experienced increases in overall time-on-site and conversions.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation appointment and we will show you what we have done and what we can do for you.